Rift & Quarter Sawn Hardwood - Rift & Quarter Sawn Ash
- Select & Better: 4/4, 5/4
- Eastern region in North America.
- Sapwood white with a yellowish tint with the heartwood is a light brown in color. Grain is considered to be straight and even textured.
How well does it work?
- Ash has excellent shock resistance, making it a good choice for all types of sports equipment, most popular of which are baseball bats. Relatively easy to work with hand and machine tools. Pre-drilling is recommended when nailing. The lumber glues, stains, and polishes well.
Seasoning and Durability
- The sapwood is liable to attack by the furniture beetle and the powder post beetle. Lumber is considered non-durable to heartwood decay.
Notes on Selection
- Ash sold by us is unselected for color, or commonly referred to as Natural Ash. Selection such as Sap 1 Face & Better can be done at additional cost.
- Baseball bats, cues, oars, handles for tools, flooring, plywood, furniture, cabinetry, and millwork.
- * Stock is currently available in limited quanities. This generally means we have less than 500 BF, or the stock is either all narrow or an odd length.